Table of Contents
The chapters progress step by step from basic information about ADHD to practical day-to-day strategies. Section I lays the foundation, section II tells you about the professionals who could be helpful to you, and sections III and IV give you a ton of strategies you can use. Each chapter builds upon what has come before, but will still make sense if you jump around.
Section I: UNDERSTANDING ADHD IN ADULTS
1. Executive Functions: It All Flows from Here
2. Diagnosing ADHD: Accurate Diagnosis Guides Effective Treatment
3. The ADHD Brain: Wired a Little Differently
4. ADHD Affects Everything: No Wonder My Life Was So Hard!
Section II: START WITH EFFECTIVE TREATMENT
5. Medication: Improve Your Batting Average
6. Nonmedical Treatment Providers: Pills Don’t Teach Skills
7. Nontraditional Treatments: Miracles or Snake Oil?
Section III: BUILD THE NECESSARY SKILLS
8. Self-Esteem and Effectiveness: I Can Do This!
9. Memory Management: What Was that Again?
10. Time Management: What Should I Be Doing Now?
11. Get Organized, Stay Organized: Wrestle the Avalanche
12. Using Tools and Technology to Stay on Top of Your Life: Gizmos
13. Achieve Your Goals: Take the Long View
Section IV: IMPROVE SPECIFIC AREAS OF YOUR LIFE
14. Household Management: Stay on Top of the Boring Stuff at Home
15. Relationships and Friendships: Strive for Balance
16. College and Beyond: Teach an Old Dog New Tricks
17. Work: Hopefully More than Just a Paycheck
Buy the Book
More Attention, Less Deficit is available at all the usual places or you can buy it through ADD Warehouse by clicking here.